9 Best PSD PDF conversion tools in 2022
Have you ever needed to convert a Photoshop document file (PSD) into a Public Document File (PDF)? There are so many options out there for this, but you only need the one that works best for you. Let’s dive into the world of PSD and PDF conversion. These are probably two of the most popular file types on the web in 2022. As a result, there are hundreds of ways to convert between the two formats, including fast web tools and free add-ons.
But if you’re looking for a reliable conversion tool that won’t interfere with the quality or contents of your documents, those methods just won’t cut it. Below is a list of some of the best PSD to PDF converters in 2022. These advanced tools can also convert the file into other formats, including WEBP, BMP, PNG, EPS, GIF, JPEG, and many more.
1. GIMP (best overall)
Probably the most popular tool on this list, GIMP is available on both Windows and Mac. It is highly recommended for converting PDF to PSD and back. This is because it retains the quality of your image or picture throughout the process.
Additionally, it has a few advanced features that appeal to professional users. You can use it as a fully-fledged image editing tool, and a good one at that. It can even convert a PDF with multiple pages into a GIF.
- Easily accessible and delivers on its promise
- Easy to download, install and use
- Available on both Mac and Windows
- Clear Graphical User Interface that makes conversion a straightforward process
- Free professional image editing features
- GIMP is best suited for desktops and laptops displays rather than smartphones, which are fast becoming the default media consumption devices
All in all, GIMP is a great free tool for anyone who wants to convert images from PSD to PDF. You don’t need to be a pro to use it either!
2. Converseen (best for Windows)
This is a dedicated image conversion tool for Linux, Windows, and FreeBSD. It has advanced conversion features and lets you convert a batch of documents from one format to another all at once.
It’s very straightforward in its operation. You just need to import the source PSD files and select PDF as the output format, or vice versa.
However, it’s important to note that it only works with PDF files if you have Ghostscript installed in your system.
Converseen supports a wide variety of image formats, besides PDF and PSD. It also provides handy image editing tools like Flip, Scale image, Rotate and Change resolution.
Converseen converting a batch of files
- Converts multiple files at once
- Supports virtually all image formats
- User-friendly interface that is not cluttered with useless features
- Retains the original quality on all converted images
- Requires Ghostscript for PDF conversions
Converseen is a one-of-a-kind conversion tool with dedicated features. It is fast and easy to use and eliminates the need to convert a single file at a time.
3. Pixillion Photo Converter (best for Mac)
Pixillion from NCH software is one of the most reliable and user-friendly multi-format image converters for Mac OS. It can convert images to and from JPEG, PNG, GIF, PDF, PSD, TIFF, and more. In addition, it offers other image editing tools like resizing, rotation and compression. It also allows you to add watermarks and captions to your image with just a few clicks.
Amazingly, it does all this while retaining the original image quality. This, along with the easy-to-navigate UI, makes it a popular choice for Mac users.
- The conversion process is almost instantaneous
- A beautiful, easy-to-use interface that blends in well with Mac OS
- Receives regular patches and upgrades that enhance its performance and fixes bugs
- Handy image editing tools that don’t ruin the image quality
- Quite expensive at the initial purchase
Unfortunately, macOS doesn’t have as many PSD PDF conversion tools as Windows. Nevertheless, Pixillion is an excellent option for users who don’t mind digging a little into their pockets.
4. Convertio.co (best online tool)
Convertio is an online conversion tool that specializes in PDFs and PSDs. It has a simple interface that is easy to understand and interact with, a feature that makes it such an all-time favorite for users. It’s also straightforward to convert a PDF to PSD and back using Convertio. All you need to do is select the file and click the dedicated “convert” button.
In addition, the converted files retain the original document’s quality.
Convertio file converter
- Easy to use
- converts files quickly
- No need to download or install it, saving storage space
- Lacks additional image editing features
- Requires a good internet connection
Convertio is a great tool for anyone who just wants to convert a PSD or PDF file. It doesn’t have the bells and whistles of some of the other tools in this list, but it does exactly what it says.
5. Corel PHOTO-PAINT
Corel photo-paint is a dedicated image editing software that can produce quality images for different display purposes. However, the software can also convert images from one format to another, notably PSD to PDF and vice versa. Installing this program is like having both a photo editor and a conversion tool.
- Countless editing features
- Effective for image manipulation and an excellent PDF to PSD converter
- Automated features make it more user-friendly
- Straightforward conversion process
- Supported with constant updates to improve its functions
- Allows for batch conversions
- A bit expensive at the initial purchase
Corel photo-paint is a great conversion tool for users who might also need to edit their images before or after converting them. It’s especially great for Mac users, who might already have other Corel programs.
6. Movavi PDF editor
Movavi is a dedicated PDF editor for Windows and macOS. It allows its users to work on PDF documents while retaining the privacy and security of their information. The application is popular with both individuals and organizations that use PDFs regularly.
It also doubles as a file conversion tool and can convert PDFs into any image format, including PSD. The conversion process is fast and easy, and it retains the file’s original quality.
- User-friendly interface
- Simplified conversion process
- The conversion process can be slow
- Large files can cause lag
Movavi is an excellent option for individuals or organizations who are constantly dealing with PDFs. However, if you just need a conversion tool, there are better options that are also free.
7. Image Converter Plus
Just like Convertio, Image Converter Plus converts multiple image files into the desired format. It supports most image file formats, including PSD and PDF. Additionally, its interface is easy to use and comes with a few other useful features.
- Reliable and accurate
- Numerous additional features that help edit the PDF images
- Uses advanced operations in its techniques and gives a professional feel to every document it converts
- The ability to convert multiple files makes it ideal for large workloads
- The application is not free and comes with a pretty substantial initial investment
Image converter plus is a great tool for professionals who need to convert multiple image files regularly. However, most of its functions can be accomplished by conversion, which is significantly cheaper.
This is a multi-functional software application that provides a user-friendly PDF editing platform. Among its additional features is a conversion tool that can convert all image files, including PDF and PSD. It is easy to download, install, and use, making it a popular choice, especially with Mac users.
- The application retains the document’s original quality even after conversion
- Unlike most other tools on this list, PDFelement’s interface is mobile-friendly
- It is economical while retaining value
- Available for both Mac and Windows
- Some of the essential features are not available on the free version
- It lacks advanced conversion features like converting multiple files at once
PDFelement is an economical option for users who want a PDF editor and a conversion tool, all in one. It is also a great tool for converting files on mobile devices.
This is one of the most reputable online PSD to PDF conversion tools. With more than fifteen years online, the platform has evolved and learned to convert files more quickly while retaining their original quality.
- Highly efficient in file conversion
- Easy to use, employing a simple drag, drop and save process
- An online tool that saves users the time and storage of downloading an application
- It is easily accessible from anywhere
- You don’t have to download and install it before use
- Like most other online tools, Zamzar requires a solid connection to convert files
Zamzar is one of the best online PSD to PDF conversion tools in 2022. It might lack some advanced features, but in retrospect, that is just what makes it easier to use.
The Right Conversion Tool for You
There are various PSD to PDF conversion tools in 2022 aimed at different users. This list barely scratches the surface but hopefully, it gives you a gist of what to look out for in PSD PDF conversion software in 2022. Ultimately, your choice depends on your intended use as well as the operating system that your computer runs on. Which conversion tool do you think you’ll use this year?
Leave a Reply