Defining the MOV format:
One of the most used and popular formats of video container files in video editing software is the MOV format. It is a single file that combines video, video effects, audio, text, photos, subtitles, and other media assets. Apple created this type of video container file. It functions as an MPEDG 4 video container file type in Apple’s QuickTime software. The Internal Organization for Standardization acknowledges it as the foundation of the MPEG-4 file format. Both Windows and Mac systems can play MOV files. Additionally, these MOV files work with Sony PSP and DVD players. High-end video editing programmes like VideoStudio Pro work best with MOV files.
MP4: What is it?
The Motion Picture Experts Group and ISO/IEC 14496-12:2001 standard were used to develop MP4 files (MPEG). As a result, MP4 is recognised as a global standard for audio-visual coding. The standard describes how the data is stored within the container itself but not how that data is encoded. MP4 is regarded as a digital multimedia container format; in other words, it’s a file that contains a lot of data, that has been compressed. MP4 videos employ firm compression, resulting in a substantially reduced file size than other video formats. MP4 is a portable and network-friendly video format as a result.
Changing iPhone Videos to MP4:
You must first transfer the iPhone video to your PC before converting it to MP4. After that, use the data cord to link your iPhone to your PC., then decide whatever video you want to transfer.
MiniTool Video Converter
Use MiniTool Video Converter, a free video converter, to convert iPhone videos to MP4. This all-in-one video converter can transform music and video files into various formats. Additionally, it has the ability to convert audio and video files as well. It may also be used to transcode MP4 video for iPhone.
- Install MiniTool Video Converter after downloading it.
- On the homepage of the main interface, you will notice the modules for video conversion and download.
- Open the Add Files drop-down arrow on the Video Convert tab. By choosing Add files, you may choose which iPhone videos you wish to convert.
- Edit the output file name and choose the output destination under the Target section.
- Choose the output format of MP4 and the video quality setting.
- Finally, you must select Convert to begin the conversion process.
- On your PC, download and install the software.
- Open it, then link your iPhone to your computer. To load the files, click the Add Files button, choose Add from Device, check the iPhone video in the pop-up box, and then click Add to Convert List.
- Select MP4 as the output format from the drop-down menu next to the Output Format option.
- Finally, click the Convert or Start All chance to begin the converting process.
You may use VLC Media Player to convert your iPhone for free to MP4. It allows you to play any video or audio file and converts it to another format. Most music and video formats are supported, including MP4, MKV, WMV, WebM, MOV, 3GP, FLV, MXF, OGG, and WMA.
- Install VLC Media Player on your PC after downloading it.
- Launch it after that and go to Media > Convert / Save.
- To import the iPhone video file, click Add, then select Convert / Save.
- Select the option for creating a new profile. Name your profile and choose MP4 or MOV. After that, press the Create button.
- To access the output format list, click the triangle icon and select MP4 from the drop-down menu. Next, click Browse to choose a destination folder and click Start.
You may use iMovie if you use a macOS computer. A Mac QuickTime converter enables free conversion of iPhone video to MP4. In addition, it provides straightforward video editing tools to make your movies look like movie magic.
- On your macOS, download and install iMovie.
- Click the Import option to add your iPhone video clip to our QuickTime converter for Mac.
- Choose Movie from the New menu, then click No Theme.
- Put this File in the storyboard by dragging it there.
- Select File after clicking Share. The video will then be saved in MP4 format by iMovie.
As you can see, several ways to turn your iPhone films into MP4 files exist. You can decide on one based on your unique needs. For example, VLC is an excellent solution if you wish to convert iPhone videos to MP4 more adaptable. However, internet converters are what you require if you choose a more practical method.